Monday, November 19, 2012

Whispering Ghosts

The music above inspired 
My words which follow:
One can hear the faint
whispers of the ghosts
through the aether's

And the flute calls to them,
"Gather.
Gather here.
Come to me you spirits
of ancient times so long ago.

In your passing,
I hear you and long
for your words
to reach my ears.

Then gather near
where my soul can hear.
Come sit by me
in this circle of life.

Come share with me,
your timeless wisdom
beneath the depths of heaven.

Come sit. Come speak.
Come please, do stay.
Beside and within me,
remain with me always.

Then carry me off only,
in spirit one day,
when we'll journey together.

Bring your generations of truth
to we, who long to hear.
That we may become all
the creator has meant us to be.

Guide us by your light,
through your whispering
across the veil,
That I may hear
your words, more clearly.
That I, with my flute,
may echo your wisdom.

Tonight the stars
glisten in the sky.
O'er-head
the Eagle flies,
separating the moon
from the day.

The Wolves howl
in reverent refrain,
to the echoing song
of the flute,
it knows so well.

Gather.
Gather round me now.
Come sit by me and stay awhile.
Please don't go away.

Rising.
Rising on your whisperings
my flute carries
your words of wisdom,
for all to hear.

Listen.
Listen my people
of every nation,
Wakan Tanka Speaks.

(C) Maricet


And Then Came Drew Campbell  
My Dear Friend ...
Who read these words just as you have here.
And he has honored us all with this gift he's prepared
With his talents shared; his photos, his video
and his wonderful voice. 
Fritz's music and my verse are in this video for all to enjoy.

   
  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Reading this will be a pleasure Maricet.

    Drew x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so pleased and proud that you find it so pleasing to read dear Drew.
    I'm so very much, looking forward to hearing this read by you while ...
    accompanied by; our dear Fritz Mayr's music, one fine day ... real soon.
    "Thank You" ~ Maricet ~ xo

    ReplyDelete